Matt routinely works on complex transactional matters for The Point Media’s high-profile entertainment industry clients. From start to finish, he handles negotiations for feature film talent, producers, writers and directors, and for scripted and unscripted television producers. He also manages the development, production and exploitation of entertainment properties, including intellectual property, in all media. He joined The Point Media in 2013 after working as an attorney in the Major Narcotics Division of the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office. Early in his career, Matt was a judicial extern in the California Court of Appeal for Justice Richard Aldrich, was a summer associate at international law firm Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld LLP, and a judicial extern in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Honorable Kathleen Thompson.
- Represented reputable production company in all production legal regarding Emmy Award winning Netflix show.
- Represented Fabric Entertainment, the producer of “Bosch” based on the bestselling novels by Michael Connelly, for all production legal work for this first dramatic series for Amazon.
- Represented Tomorrow Studios, the producer of “Aquarius,” for all production legal work for this first network series to be streamed for binge-viewing upon its NBC premiere.
- Writers Guild of America (Member)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association (Member)
- California Bar Association (Member)
- Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office, Major Narcotics Division, Research Attorney
- Justice Richard Aldrich, California Court of Appeal, Judicial Extern
- Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld LLP, Summer Associate
- Honorable Kathleen Thompson, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Judicial Extern
- UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles (J.D. 2010)
- Pepperdine School of Law
- University of San Diego (B.A. 2004, Philosophy with Honors)