Aviva provides her clients with effective, strategic representation by combining decades of entertainment lawyering skills with her unique background as an in-house executive. She joined The Point Media in 2004 after serving as the Senior Vice President of Business Affairs at esteemed entertainment companies dick clark productions, ICM and Lifetime Television. Her client roster includes high profile entertainment and media companies such as Relativity Television, Hat Trick Productions, Cheri Sundae Productions, Televisa and Wilmer Valderrama Enterprises. She also reps independent producers; writers; actors; and television, film and digital directors. Aviva has a reputation for finding creative solutions in difficult negotiations by conducting thorough business analysis and utilizing strong communication and transactional lawyering skills.
What are you passionate about in your practice?
Working with clients to creatively and patiently move through deals and crafting solutions that satisfy all parties.
How do you demonstrate that you understand your client’s business?
By quickly assessing a situation based on what the other side is offering, and suggesting practical solutions based on a client’s long-term goals.
Strangest project you’ve worked on?
There was a gonorrhea outbreak on a client’s production that shut down shooting for two days. I don’t think I can top that.
What’s been said about you that makes you feel proud?
Dick Clark used to call me Mighty Mouse.
Favorite fictional lawyer?
Atticus Finch. I know it’s somewhat cliché but it doesn’t hurt that he looked like Gregory Peck!
- Represent Relativity Television in development and production of reality television programs
- Represent Wilmer Valderrama Enterprises in development and production for television programs and theatrical projects
- Represent Televisa in development and production for programming in U.S. markets
- Represent Hat Trick Productions in development and production for programming in U.S. markets
Aviva has been listed in the 2018 edition of “The Best Lawyers in America.”
- Lifetime Television, Senior Vice President, Business Affairs – Responsible for global business affairs issues for original programming
- ICM, Senior Vice President, Business Affairs
- Dick Clark Productions, Senior Vice President.
- University of California, Los Angeles (J.D.)
- University of California, Los Angeles (M.P.H., Public Health Administration)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., History)
The firm is pleased to announce that Richard Marks and Aviva Bergman have been selected for inclusion the 2018 edition of “The Best Lawyers in America,” one of the oldest......Read more