Harold Brook left a successful 20-year corporate career to open The Point Media in January 2003. He previously worked in the legal departments at Twentieth Century Fox and Paramount Pictures Corporation before rising to Executive Vice President, Business Affairs at NBC, where he was responsible for all negotiations and related activities for NBC’s entertainment division and its in-house production company, NBC Studios. Harold also ran business affairs for CBS and CBS Productions, its in-house production arm.
What’s been said about you that you are most proud of?
I am tough, I am fair and I know how to make deals happen.
How do you demonstrate that you understand your client’s business?
Over the course of my career, I have held prestigious in-house business and legal positions, and have had unique opportunities to attend creative meetings and casting and editing sessions and to be on set, which gives me a great perspective that most attorneys don’t have I have a reputation for getting deals done effectively and expeditiously, and my track record bears that out.
What’s been the most strange deal(s) you’ve worked on?
I once made a holding deal for a dog. I also represented GEICO and the Caveman in negotiations with ABC for a sitcom.
What is your favorite word?
If you weren’t a lawyer, what would you be?
I’d be on the road with Bruce Springsteen.
- HRTS Mentorship Program
- CBS/CBS Studios, Executive Vice President, Business Affairs
- NBC/NBC Studios, Executive Vice President Business Affairs
- Paramount Pictures Domestic Television, Business Affairs/Legal
- 20th Century-Fox, Legal Department
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles (J.D. 1981)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A. 1978, Political Science)
- New York University, New York (Film and TV Major, 1974/75)